Sunday, May 08, 2005

Two Posts In One Day!

So I met "hot Matt" tonight. Tricia's had this friend, Matt (a.k.a. "HOT MATT") that she's talked about for quite a while. Katie and I had a farewell dinner for Tricia at Rachel's and she brought Matt along. We're in agreement with his nickname. ;) Not the biggest conversationalist, but turns out the thing that he was most interested in was 1. the house and 2. foster care. Go figure.

I have 14-20 people coming to observe my classroom tomorrow morning. I have to teach a reading or a writing lesson. Thing is, I should be in the middle of a poetry unit, whereas I haven't actually begun the unit. It's hard to keep up towards the end of the year with all of the extra activities and testing going on. And the thing is at 8:45 so it's not like I can do a mega-lesson and be on-track when they get there. Should be interesting. It's not an "observation", but a "learning walk." Teachers are supposed to learn from being in each other's classroom. I think they do, but it certainly feels like an "evaluation" when they're in the room! I like to tell my kids that they are observing their behavior. ;)

Busy week at school. Five full days. In-service afternoon on Tuesday. Bully prevention training Wednesday morning. Actually, I was double-booked for training on Wednesday morning, but my principal chose for me to go to the bully thing. The other option was MY turn to go on a "learning walk" all morning. Turns out I get to be "walked on", but I won't get a chance to do the walking. That sucks.

Oh well. Out for the night. Almost gonna get eight hours of sleep! Exciting ...

By the way, I'm going to comment tomorrow on my almost-married friend's point of view of time according to a person who is single, a person who is engaged, and a person who is married. That'll be good. It'd be better if I went on about it now because he sort of pissed me off, but it'll probably be more thought-provoking if I wait until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home