Thursday, March 23, 2006

Gram & Stuff

Last Thursday, I was on my way home with Katie, the kids, AND the two dogs when I received the phone call from my mother saying that my Gram had passed away. I had mixed feelings of her passing away just hours before I arrived. I am happy that my last memories of her are from this past Christmas when her health was still OK and that my last conversation with her ended with us both saying, "I love you," but there was still that hint of regret that I was so close to being able to see her one more time. From what my family says, it would've been extremely upsetting because she was just wasting away from her illness. We drove back to PA on Monday, and then I flew out with Nina Wednesday-Saturday while Katie is watching the boys. The service was held at the cemetary on Friday. It was short and officiated by Pastor Bob. Then we had lunch at my Auntie Sandie's which was nice because I got to visit with family. I'm just really thankful that the whole ordeal is over and I'm back on my way to living a normal life and seeing the boys again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home