Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Winding Down

Katie yelled at me for posting a comment on her blog about not updating and then never updating myself. I guess things have happened, but they never seem to be important enough to relive by posting them on my blog OR they were so upsetting that I didn't want to think about them after they were finally resolved. So I'll do a quick update ...

Last Friday, I went on my class field trip (with third grade) to Pymatuning and Linesville, PA. I finally saw the gigantic mass of giant carp eating bread like piranas. Really, that's the best way to describe it. I need to get directions there so that I can take people when they come from MA. When I bring friends to New England to visit, I take them to Plymouth and Cape Cod and things like that. When I bring them here, I take them to see giant carp? Can someone explain to me why I chose to live HERE? It's funny how the little decisions you make eventually end up in a big decision and you - all of a sudden - realize you bought a house 11 hours away from home.

There was also a big blow-up in C.O.O.L. between myself and three teachers. Truth be told, they made things up (be it rumors or lies, I don't know), told my supervisor, and then he met with all of us. He'd hoped to TALK things out, but they just sat there staring at me and I ended up walking out crying and saying, "I'm done." (While I was thinking, "I certainly don't need to take this crap from any of you.") So, I spoke to my supervisor on the phone that evening and worked things out. I spoke to one of my friends at the meeting for a good hour on Saturday, and then I truly didn't have the energy to speak to the other two that weekend. We avoided each other Monday and, wouldn't you know, things were back to normal today? It's so high schoolish that I'm just forgetting about it and understanding that I learned a lot about people in the incident and now I know how I can act with each of them. It's over.

We did biggest loser at school for the past six weeks and I ended up coming in second. We did two rounds and over both of them, I only lost 13.5 pounds, but I made $30 out of the deal. Pretty sweet. :) And we had a good time supporting each other.

I received my Certificate of Approval for foster care this weekend. Haven't gotten any calls, yet. As far as I understood, I'll be called whenever they receive a referral for foster care, whether the kids meet my specifications or not. I'm always free to say "yes" or "no." I think it's sporadic when they receive referrals, however, I'd assume I'd get one sometime in the near future, even if I don't accept them. I can't imagine what I'll do over the summer if I don't have a job OR kids to take care of! I think I'll be bored out of my mind (and quite poor, as well!)

Took the puppies to puppy play day on Saturday and bought an outfit for Santavicca's wedding. (Ahhh!) That's this weekend. There are only 12 days left of school (10 with the kids). It'll be nice to sleep in and have time to work on the house. My life isn't so exciting, so I think I'll end it there. Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home