Saturday, June 25, 2005

Success!

Turns out I'll have the kids until at least Monday, possibly through Wednesday (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

I'm feeling quite successful this morning. Katie and I took the three kids and two dogs to Buhl Park this morning. Besides a minor mishap (the dogs getting lose with their honkin' adjustable leashes and playfully attacking a group of girls, including a three-year old) the morning went really well. Daniel learned how to roller skate and doesn't want help, even though he falls on his butt quite a bit. And Dawson and Joey learned how to climb playground structures and slide down slides with ease. (That was thanks to my great idea ... I taught the kids it was OK ... LOL)

Then I got a half hour to go to Giant Eagle and pick up stuff for tomorrow's church picnic and talk to the kids' other foster mother about their return. (Thank God for small breaks because of how great Katie is!) I came home and made barbeque and honey mustard wings! They were yummy - and my first attempt at cooking them. Unfortunately, they are all gone and Katie didn't get any. I just couldn't make the kids stop eating them. :) Oh yeah, and we had fresh strawberries, too. I really enjoy sitting down with the three kids and having a meal together, no television involved!

Then, wouldn't you know ... I got two of the three to sleep! And they've been asleep for more than an hour. Krista had the choice of napping or going to bed earlier than her brothers tonight and she chose not to nap, so we'll see how that goes tonight. I was laying down on the floor next to the boys and could feel myself falling asleep. I wonder if I should've given in and taken a nap. Instead, I used the time to clean out the computer, clean my room for Sarah Morgan (who is spending the night tonight), take the dogs out, make a pasta salad for the picnic tomorrow (with Krista's help!), clean the bathroom, have a snack with Krista, and write here. It's hard to sleep when there's so much stuff you could get done. I've decided for the rest of the summer if I have young ones and we're spending the majority of the day here, I'll give them this option. I'd actually prefer an hour to myself in the afternoon and letting them stay up a little later at night. :)

Well, I have one more thing to clean in the bathroom and then I'm gonna start thinking about waking the kids up (although I don't know if I have the willpower to do so!) Thanks for listening, my faithful readers. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home