Sunday, June 12, 2005

Foster Mom

Just a quick note to say I'm sitting in my room while the cutest 9 year-old boy is desperately trying to fall asleep in the room next door. I met him exactly seven hours ago and I already love him. I'm totally overwhelmed with this crazy caring/anxiety/responsibility feeling that I can't seem to shake long enough to get a good hour's sleep! And to think that 1.) he's not my kid and 2.) he very well may only be here until Tuesday ... and I STILL care about him INSTANTLY ...

Anyways, yeah, could you pray for him, his siblings, his current foster family, and the county/agency ... that God's will would be done - whether that's to keep him in his foster home and retain a little bit of consistency or to move them into my home where I'll love them to death with Christ's love. Pray that I'd truly accept God's sovereignty as I desire His will for these children. And pray that the one here tonight would sleep ... so that I can catch up on some much-needed shut-eye, as well. Thanks guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home