Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Johnathan

Johnathan came back tonight. It's so frustrating that for one kid and one situation there are 18 different caseworkers with 18 different stories and points of view regarding the child and the situation!

Due to confidentiality, I can't really say why he's here right now, except that he had a problem with his siblings and needed to take a break from the situation. I'll be waiting for his county caseworker to call me tomorrow to talk about this further - and to talk to John, as well.

Until then, I'm not really sure what to do. There seem to be no logical consequences for his actions - and no real "punishment". I don't want him to think it's a good thing that he had to be separated from his younger brother and sister but the truth is - this is what he wants! I don't want him to have a special visit full of fun activities, but I can't help but be convicted that maybe the one thing he does need is someone to love the heck out of him. So pray for me. Pray that I would make wise decisions while John is in my care. And that the Lord would really hold him and his siblings in His hand and draw them to Him ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home