Thursday, July 07, 2005

Not Much To Say ...

First of all, Andrew Campbell - if you read this, I think it's hysterical that you read my blog and I don't even know your IM name! Don't you think you could share it with me? Second of all, the whole "engagement prank" (which didn't work the way it was supposed to) only became 100% funnier when I heard about your mom calling my mom about me getting married. To all who didn't hear the punchline of the joke or find humor in anything, I'm not engaged. (I'm not even dating anyone!) I was hoping someone would read it and freak out, but that person never read my blog while the post was up! How funny ... btw, I do love Ryan Westcott, but we don't have any real plans to get married. ;)

So, I'm impressed that you even chose to read a post entitled "Not Much To Say ... " I just spent 48 hours with Johnathan and it was a decent time. It was hard not to treat him like it was a vacation because it wasn't actually a good thing that he had to come to me on an emergency basis (due to his behavior.) But, we did manage to walk to the park this morning and go out for ice cream this evening, so it was bearable for him, I think. I'm not convinced that I will never have them on a long-term basis. I'm not sure why I have that feeling, but I can't say that it'd be a bad thing. I'm in love with that idea (as well as all three children!)

Anyways, Katie, Kelsey, and I will be going to Waldameer (a park in Erie) on Saturday, July 23rd and meeting the kids and their foster family there. We have some sort of plan to take the young ones for part of the day and hopefully the older ones, too. And most of it is free ... yippee! I'd be more excited if I were bringing my own foster children, but I guess that'll just come with time. The next weekend, Kelsey will still be visiting and we'll have the kids Thursday-Sunday, which will be fun! :) Then it's two weeks up in Maine.

I'm probably going to start respiting a new foster kid, Corey, occasionally. I don't know the full story on him, but he's turning fourteen next month. I think he's actually adopted, but the family just needs a break from him once in a while. That really confuses me. Parents don't just call up an agency and say, "Could you find someone to take my kids when I can't stand them anymore?" I don't understand why adoptive foster parents are able to do the same thing, but then again, I'm new to this whole thing ... and I tend to find it very easy to treat foster children as my own. Thanks to everyone for lifting the kids up in your prayers ... I find a lot of encouragement and support from you! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home