Sunday, August 21, 2005

Slow Updates

Since being blessed with two wonderful children in my life, my blogging updates have become few and far between!

Perhaps most importantly, to correct my previous entry, the court hearing on September 7th is a mandated hearing to report their progress. They happen often for these boys because of their young age. So, I'll be writing a letter discussing the progress that they've made in the past six weeks and the judge will also inquire about the progress of their mother. There will be no chance of them leaving on September 7th. Not that it's not important to pray about, but it's less dramatic than I originally thought.

We had a meeting with caseworkers on Friday morning. I wish I could replay the entire meeting, but due to confidentiality laws, I can't. It was rather funny. Two parts stick out to me, though.
1. Katie keeps getting mad when we get paperwork for the boys because it is always addressed to "Kristen" rather than "Christian". Well, turns out they really think his name is "Kristen". They told me to call him "Kris" until we find out how to pronounce his name. (We're still hoping "Kristen" is pronounced "Krishten" ... I don't really care about the spelling.) Funny thing is, I'd just made a BIG deal about people not calling him Chris, mostly because I LOVE the name Christian. I stopped arguing with them and just decided I'll continue calling him by Christian, unless I find out otherwise. I should find out September 2nd.
2. September 2nd there is a visit with the boys' brothers - Monteko, 5 yrs, who I had for 3 nights at the beginning of this mess and Coby, 3 yrs, who I've never met. It'll be on mutual territory with Katie, myself, 2 caseworkers, and various other adults. Their mom has refused these types of visits. However, my caseworker said there was a possibility she could change her mind should she find out about this visit. So ... there's potential for a real Lifetime movie in this thing ... anyone wanna produce it for me?

I'm at home (in MA) for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. Considering I'm so far away from getting married, it's hard for me to understand celebrating 60 years of marriage! God bless them. :) Keon and Christian are NOT with me ... can you believe that? The are respiting with a family in Sharpsville (only 4 miles from my house, thank goodness.) Originally, I was told they HAD to respite once a month, so I gave in trying to have them come with me for this trip. Now I have a new caseworker and I don't think she'll make me respite them, but I guess it's still good for them to know a family. The mom runs a daycare and has a nice, big yard for them to play in. Wanna know something psycho? Kels and I mapquested their address and drove by about 45 minutes after they left. Then I had to bring Christian's eardrops to the house. THEN, when Katie got off of work, we drove by again. PSYCHO! They seem nice enough, but I don't plan on making leaving them any sort of habit!

Well, I'm off to get ready for the party. Thanks for reading these exciting updates! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Coby is ALSO a name and I never saw it written on paper. When did you?

Monteko doesn't begin with "K".

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home