Saturday, August 13, 2005

Vacation

I'm going to attempt to post a little bit right now, but to be quite honest, I don't think I'll get very far. That's because Keon is sitting at a broken computer near me typing and keeping himself busy. It won't be long before he realizes that his computer doesn't have anything on the screen and mine does and that means he'll want the one I'm using! Christian is crawling around on the floor putting random things in his mouth. I don't mind as long as they aren't small enough for him to choke on. Other new moms would find me apalling (spelling?) I let my (foster) children do way more than they should be allowed to do at their young ages (of 10 months and 20 months!)

So, we just spent 2 weeks at a cottage in Maine. I'm 24 years old. This is my 25th summer vacationing at the same cottage in Maine. It's great. The first week, my mom's family comes. My mom's parents were there, along with one of her sister's, my uncle, five cousins, and ten second cousins. The second week were spent with the Keller family and also a short visit from Tom and Sandy Lombardo, friends from my church in MA. Good times, let me tell you! Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, speed boating with the Lombardos (tubing and skiing!), walking, shopping, cooking ... fun times had by all, I'm sure!

Perhaps the most exciting part of the trip were that my two foster sons were granted permission to come on vacation with me. Kelsey and I trekked to Massachusetts on a Friday with Keon and Christian, spent the night at home, and then travelled to Maine together on Saturday morning. Kels had spent two weeks with me taking care of the kids in PA. Then she spent two weeks in Maine with us. You'd think she'd be sick of us, but she's also driving back to PA with us tomorrow to spend her fifth week with me, 24 hours a day, God bless her!

Yesterday was the one-month anniversary of getting Keon and Christain. A little emotional. Originally, I was told I wouldn't have to think of anything until December, but there is now a court date on Sept. 7th. For my blog readers, please start praying that God's will would be obvious to all (and that I'd accept the decision.) Not only do I have myself to worry about, I also have my entire family in love with these babies! ;)

My life is a little bit tumultuous right now. Random question. Are turmoil and tumultuous related words? I found out that I'm moving schools (within the district) and changing grades, supposedly just for one year. I'll be teaching fifth grade, which is THE grade in PA right now, for the state testing. I guess it doesn't matter that I spent all last year writing curriculum for fourth grade. Nevermind the fact that I was the only fourth grade teacher this year, that there are now two fourth grades in my school, so you'd THINK it'd make sense for me to stay in that position. A newer teacher will move from 5th to 4th and a retiring teacher will return from 6th back to his 4th grade position. Then they say I'll be back in 4th next year. Another move. And there's nothing I can do to make people NOT hate me. No matter what, if I move again next year, people at my new school will be mad. If I stay, I'll make enemies at my old school. Guess I have to grin and bear it ... I'd also prefer not to make this move considering I'm trying to take care of Keon and Christian, while returning to work and starting my master's. Am I crazy?

OK, everyone's up and I need to rescue them from baby-sitting my children. Hard to keep them occupied in a house that's less baby-proof than mine! Please post a comment to make me feel loved. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger FizxWestcott said...

I don't know how to make you feel loved, but I can remind you that you are loved! God is putting all sorts of crazy things in your life again - in the past when he's done this it has been setting you up for some amazing new ways to serve him. And serving him is how you show your love to him. and that love is a response to his love. so in other words, he is setting you up for an increased dose of love!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home