Friday, October 14, 2005

Update

This is going to be a generic update ... sorry for the lack in creativity!

Last weekend, we celebrated Kristen's first birthday. We had cake with my parents, Kelsey, and Katie's father and sister. My mom got some great video footage of the boys enjoying their first birthday cake. Kris is sporting some great new clothes from his aunts, playing with some fun toys from Katie's parents, and riding in a brand new car seat. Life is good. Can't wait to do this again for Keon's birthday in December. Hopefully I'll have the energy to do a little bit more by then. :)

Teaching is OK. I think I just need to come to the conclusion that I'm going to struggle this year in the "satisfied with my job" department and just try to survive (hoping for better next year.) I have smart kids, some of whom DRIVE me nuts, all of who are totally energy-consuming!

Grad school is extremely time-consuming and, as of now, seems pointless. Honestly, my gut instinct says not to keep taking classes. I don't think I enjoy the online thing because I'm seeming to get by not doing much work, but then again, I don't want to take the time to drive to a campus AND be held more accountable for my work. I don't have enough time as it is. Maybe a new class will be more enjoyable. Maybe I need to switch gears because I have NO DESIRE to be an administrator, simply because it's a full-time position. I just feel like it's the only thing to get your master's in that truly opens up a new position if I ever desired. I just have a bad feeling that district's won't like my online degree and that I'll run into problems with it in the future. Any advice?

I took a spiritual gifts inventory tonight. My top ones were "faith" and "word of wisdom," the second one being absolutely hysterical because I think I may be the unwisest person I know!

I made plans tonight to fly home the beginning of November to drive to New Hampshire with my family to meet my father's biological father. Ed (his father) contacted him after 42 years. I'm respiting the boys due to how hard it would be to travel with them, the fact that I'm travelling with them in November and December for the holidays, and also because I feel like I just have to make myself have some time alone. It's funny, though, how terrible I already feel about having them stay with a new family for the weekend! It's a very weird situation! This way, I guess, hopefully it'll be a better experience than the last time and I'll meet a family who'd be there as a back up in an emergency.

Anyways, this weekend will be spent cleaning, doing a project, and hopefully visiting Heather and Tom. Relaxing. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home