Monday, September 19, 2005

My New Purse

First of all, let me assure you that I am not a girl who owns one hundred purses (or pocket books, as I called them back in MA!) In fact, I carry a book bag to school and a diaper bag after school, so I rarely even use a purse.

This weekend, Katie felt the need to buy a new purse. So we went to Ross Park Mall in Wexford (only an hour and a half away from home!) I got sucked into her scheme - and, together, we left with four new purses and two new wallets. Now, the intention is to each return a purse, but I have to admit I'm thinking about keeping them both!

My purse is dark brown corduroy with mauve accents. I got a dark brown leather wallet, too. It's not fancy, but I'm in love with it. Maybe that sounds materialistic. I'm not sure yet. All I know is that it's meant a heck of a lot to me in just the two first days of its use!

First of all, Sunday morning was terrible. Dawson and Joey ate a blue marker and tracked it all over my somewhat-white living room carpet. I came to the stark realization that dogs and children ruin everything. In just nine months of being in this home, there are only two rooms that have been untouched by either a dog or a child - one of those rooms I just moved my two boys into (stupid me!) and the other is Katie's third-floor-bedroom. It's really depressing to me. I was nasty to Katie, ignored my children, and attempted to try to regain composure to go to church. Luckily, Katie said she'd take the boys to church later and I could leave early to play the keyboard. As I got in my car, tears came immediately. Then I looked down into the passenger seat of my rather dirty car. Sitting next to me was the cutest brown and pink purse ever. I thought, "Life isn't so bad. I love my purse."

So, on Sunday, I wore brown just so it'd match my purse. If you know me at all, you know that IS NOT me! But I loved it. It gets better ...

All day today, I kept my cell phone in its designated pocket of this special purse. I haven't lost it once. Again, if you know me at all, you know this is quite a feat. It STILL gets better. Now I usually carry a school bag (full of work) home with me each night. Sometimes I'm diligent in completing the work, and sometimes I'm not. Even when I'm not, the work remains a burden. I have to bring the bag home for it holds my wallet and cell phone. I might as well bring the work. Well, today ... my purse liberated me to carry IT home with my wallet and cell phone and leave the work bag (and work) at school. What a great feeling!

Maybe it's because I've been TRYING to start my "Total Money Makeover" at the same time as becoming a mom to two children under the age of two, who desperately try to take my attention OFF of saving my money. (OK, so maybe I put that on myself!) Maybe it's because I've stopped "treating myself" to special treats every once in a blue moon. For whatever reason, this purse has changed my life ... what do you think about that? :)

1 Comments:

Blogger FizxWestcott said...

I think that makes it the cutest purse ever, and an absolutely priceless investment.

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home